ICP announces new permit options – but don’t worry – Golden Visa holders are exempt.
According to a new report by Arabic daily Emarat AlYoum, there is a new permit being introduced for residents who spend more than 6 months outside the UAE. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) has clarified this recent change, as Golden Visa holders are exempt from this requirement. The permit came into effect at the beginning of 2023 and requires individuals to present a valid reason as to why they’re extending their stay abroad.
If the individual has company sponsorship, the application must be made via the sponsoring party. For those under personal sponsorship, the sponsor is responsible for submitting the application. Self-sponsored individuals can apply for the permit using their personal account or through public service facilities, as stated by the ICP.
Important points about the UAE permit application:
- Applicants must provide copies of their Emirates ID, passport, and a valid reason for the delay.
- The application must be made from outside the UAE.
- The application can be submitted once the remaining period of staying abroad exceeds 30 days.
- If it is approved, a fine of AED 100 will be imposed for every 30 days or less spent outside the country.
- The violation fees will be refunded only after the application is rejected and applicants must enter the UAE within 30 days after approval.
To apply for the permit, individuals can use the authority’s smart services system or the “UAEICP” smartphone application, both available for a fee of AED150. Residents affected by these updates are encouraged to learn about the new regulations and ensure compliance to avoid any unnecessary penalties or complications when re-entering the country.