Beat the traffic and road closures and ensure you have maximum time to ring in the New Year.
We know you’re going to party hard on NYE and we are here for it – that’s why we’ve put together this list of major road closures on the 31st, so you know how to plan your travel for the biggest night of the year.
Dubai has officially announced significant road closures for New Year’s Eve, necessitating careful planning for those intending to celebrate in the city. On December 31, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard will be closed in the afternoon, affecting various areas, including Burj Khalifa and Palm Jumeirah, where extravagant festivities and firework displays are scheduled. To ensure a seamless experience, individuals with reservations in the vicinity are advised to arrive well before the afternoon closures.
The Road and Transport Authority (RTA) has released a schedule detailing closures:
- Al Asayal Street to close at 4pm.
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard to close at 4pm.
- Burj Khalifa Street to close at 4pm.
- The Financial Centre Street – lower deck to close at 4pm.
- Al Mustaqbal Street to close at 4pm.
- Al Sukook Street to close at 8pm.
- The Financial Centre Street – upper deck to close at 9pm.
- Sheikh Zayed Road to close at 9pm
Taxis will operate normally before closures but won’t access Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard afterward. Cars parked in specific areas can leave once authorities reopen the roads. Additionally, public transport adjustments include the closure of Burj Khalifa Dubai Metro station at 5pm, extended operating hours for the Dubai Tram until January 2, and the Dubai Metro operating until midnight on January 1, 2024.
Wishing the best start to 2024 – from The Insider Team.